Athletics in the Park
Walking, jogging, bicycling, tennis, basketball, organized and pick-up games of baseball, softball and soccer are some of the athletic pursuits undertaken in Patterson Park.
Patterson Park boasts:
- Almost three miles of paved paths for running, walking and biking,
- Ten tennis courts, located along Linwood Avenue between Baltimore Street and Eastern Avenue,
- 4 full basketball courts, located near the pool;
- A swimming pool, open to the public between early June and late August;
- An ice skating rink opens from October through March for hockey, broomball and public ice-skating; and
- Many multi-use playing fields
For information on summer tennis clinics, youth programs, tennis court reservations or special events contact Bob Wall, with the Baltimore City department of Parks and recreation at 410-396-9392.
In season, athletic programs at the pool include group swimming lessons, organized group swims, and early morning lap swimming for adults. Patterson Park also boasts a swim team, the Piranhas, that compete throughout the city. To schedule a group swim or for times and admission fees, contact the Department of Parks and Recreation Aquatics Division at 410-396-3838.