Athletics in the Park
Walking, jogging, bicycling, tennis, basketball, organized and pick-up games of baseball, softball and soccer are some of the athletic pursuits undertaken in Patterson Park.
Patterson Park boasts:
- Almost three miles of paved paths for running, walking and biking,
- Ten tennis courts, located along Linwood Avenue between Baltimore Street and Eastern Avenue,
- 4 full basketball courts, located near the pool;
- A swimming pool, open to the public between early June and late August;
- An ice skating rink opens from October through March for hockey, broomball and public ice-skating; and
- Many multi-use playing fields
[caption id="attachment_108" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Click map to see larger version"]
For information on summer tennis clinics, youth programs, tennis court reservations or special events contact Bob Wall, with the Baltimore City department of Parks and recreation at 410-396-9392.
In season, athletic programs at the pool include group swimming lessons, organized group swims, and early morning lap swimming for adults. Patterson Park also boasts a swim team, the Piranhas, that compete throughout the city. To schedule a group swim or for times and admission fees, contact the Department of Parks and Recreation Aquatics Division at 410-396-3838.