2017 Photo Contest
Announcing our 2nd Annual Friends of Patterson Park Photo Contest!
Submissions will be accepted now through April 9. Winners will be announced in late April 2017.
The Friends of Patterson Park is looking for photos that capture the vibrancy and diversity of our urban oasis and highlight a piece of our park experience…its history, wildlife, community, sports, urban setting, etc. We are looking for photos that show who we are as well as the joy and beauty of our park!
The winners and runners up, in addition to winning prizes, will have their photos printed, framed and show-cased at a local venue in early May, with a selection of the photos entered into the silent auction at the Friends of Patterson Park’s Winetasting at Sunset on May 25, 2017. Top winners in each category will also have their photos printed in our 2018 Friends of Patterson Park wall calendar.
The Panel will evaluate all valid entries and pick winners in the following categories:
1. Overall (1 winner, 2 runners up): You’ve nailed it. Your images rise above the rest and show the awesomeness of Patterson Park in a stunning way.
2. Categories (1 winner, 1 runner up in each category, except for Young Photographer)
- People in the Park: Encapsulates perfectly the joy we receive from our park.
- Young Photographer (2 winners, 2 runners up): Best photo taken by a young person in two age ranges: 12 and under, and 13-18 years old.
- At Play: Best photo that captures the movement, fun and athleticism of people running, exercising, playing sports and keeping healthy in the park.
- Altered Photo: Best park photo digitally or manually enhanced beyond normal adjustments (see RULES).
- Seasonal Splendor: Best photo embodying glory of the seasons in the park – winter, spring, summer and fall.
- Favorite Places: Best photo of an iconic spot in the park…Pagoda, Boat Lake, Fountain, Cannons, Pulaski Monument and more.
- Animals in their Element: Best photo of animals, wild or domestic. Dogs, squirrels, ducks, birds…
- Fantastic Events: Best photo of events in the park – concerts, festivals, volunteer cleanups, etc.
3. People’s Choice (1 winner, 1 runner up): Overall winner selected from among a number of honorable mentions (TBD) based on the highest number of votes received during public voting to be held on www.pattersonpark.com in April 2017.