What’s Happening in Patterson Park?
- Patterson Park Working Group Update
- See our Events calendar for upcoming events.
- Información en español
- Parking/Paving Issue: Meetings of the Patterson Park Master Plan Working Group & Patterson Park Planning Committee have been held. Click here for more information.
New Friends of Patterson Park Executive Director
The Friends of Patterson Park is happy to announce that, after a competitive search process, Jennifer Arndt Robinson will serve as our new Executive Director. Jennifer will take the helm on August 5th as Kathy Harget leaves the Friends to pursue a nonprofit freelance career. Jennifer comes to the position having served on the Friends’ Board of Directors for six years, including two as President. Jennifer intimately knows the organization, has worked tirelessly for the Friends, and is committed to the Friends’ mission. She has been a southeast Baltimore resident since 2001 and she and her husband Scott are excited to raise their daughter Rose with Patterson Park as their front yard. Jennifer has a B.A. in Education from the University of Iowa and a Masters in Public Policy from Johns Hopkins University. The staff and Board are thrilled she’s accepted their offer to become the new leader of the Friends, and Kathy and Jennifer are working together to ensure a smooth transition.
Patterson Park named Best Park again!
Patterson Park has been named a 2013 Best of Baltimore Readers‘ Poll winner for “Best Park.”
Who are the Friends of Patterson Park?
The Friends of Patterson Park is a non-profit membership organization formed in 1998 to promote, protect and advocate for our treasured common ground so that it can be enjoyed for generations to come. We believe that a well used and well tended park contributes to the health and vitality of the diverse communities who call Patterson Park the Best Backyard in Baltimore.Becoming a member is the best way to insure the health and beauty of the park and learn about the benefits and tax credits available to members of Friends of Patterson Park.
Special Notices 2013
- Tennis Courts 1 & 2 have been resurfaced and a multi-use net for court 8 is on the way. Click here to read more!
- Patterson Park Pool is closed for the 2013 season.
- Pagoda is open, Sundays, April 21-October 20th, 12-6, weather permitting.
- The Patterson Park Dog Park is now open! For more info visit the Patterson Dog Park Association’s webpage at www.pattersondogpark.org
- Eastern Avenue/Patterson Park Ave Entrance improvements are being completed by the Baltimore City Department of Recreation & Parks. Click here to learn more.
- Patterson Park named “Frontline Park” by City Parks Alliance