Cancelled due to weather: Saturday morning soccer for Jan 23rd has been cancelled due to the weather forecast. See you next Saturday (1/30). Se cancela la clase de fútbol para este sábado, 23 de enero. Nos vemos el próximo sábado, 30 de enero.
Stay tuned…our new and improved website will be available soon!
What’s Happening in Patterson Park?
Who are the Friends of Patterson Park
The Friends of Patterson Park is a non-profit membership organization formed in 1998 to promote, protect and advocate for our treasured common ground so that it can be enjoyed for generations to come. We believe that a well used and well tended park contributes to the health and vitality of the diverse communities who call Patterson Park the Best Backyard in Baltimore.
Becoming a member is the best way to insure the health and beauty of the park and learn about the benefits and tax credits that may be available to members of Friends of Patterson Park.
The Friends of Patterson Park has been asked to solicit community input on a proposed bust of General John Stricker. Here are some key facts and links to key information. All feedback should be submitted to Jennifer@pattersonpark.com by January 1, 2016.
- The bust sculpture was sculpted by artist Francesca Schuler Guerin, and was displayed at the North Point Visitor’s Center during the celebrations of the bicentennial of the Battle of Baltimore.
- The proposed location would be on Pagoda Hill, with the exact location to be determined.
- The German Society of Baltimore has already paid for both the sculpture and base and would fund the installation of this piece inside the park. There is some funding available for maintenance over a short period of time, but no long term funding.
- The footprint of the statue would be approximately 3′ by 2′ and would require digging footings into the ground. More information and images of the proposed bust can be viewed here.
Master Plan Update
- For more information on the Patterson Park Master Plan process, visit pattersonparkmasterplan.weebly.com/resources.html
Patterson Park Pagoda
- The Pagoda will be open in 2016 on Sundays, April 17th-October 9th, 12-6pm, weather permitting and during some special events.